On average, lighting your home makes up 13 percent of your electricity bill.
The good news is LED lighting is here to cut this cost by over 80 percent!
In the last 10 years, Australian homes have moved from the old-style incandescent globes to the more efficient fluoro globes.
But the worst offender is still shining from your ceiling – halogen downlights!
Traditional halogen lighting is extremely inefficient, dangerous and costing you money.
Anyone who has put their hand near a halogen downlight when it is on knows just how much heat these things pump out! In fact, its correct to say that a halogen downlight is a heater that gives off light as a by-product.
LED’s on the other hand, give pure, warm and comfortable light.
Efficiency of different lighting technologies Halogen 60W, LED 4-5W
- By investing in LED, your lighting energy use can be reduced by up to 90%, and you’ll be saving money at the same time.
- LED lighting has the highest energy efficiency of any product currently on the market
- The quality and colour of light LEDs emit is similar to traditional incandescent lighting, and colours vary for different application
- LED is versatile, and can be used as a replacement for nearly all lighting types and application
- The lifespan of LED’s surpasses that of traditional lighting – including fluoros. They last up to 100,000 hours. That’s more than 20 years if you use your lights 13 hours per day.
- LED’s are safer than incandescent and halogens. They’re cooler – reducing the risk of burns and fires; and they don’t have mercury like some fluoros – meaning safer disposal
- Your investment in LEDs can be paid back in as little as six months